Thursday, January 30, 2014

"We're not going to make it"

I was just getting onto the Internet to log on to blogger to finish my literature analysis when I saw something that caught my eye. On MSN I saw 'My wife just looked at me and said, "We're not going to make it"', it seemed like such a jarring quote that I had to explore it. It was a story about how a woman in labor was forced to give birth on the side of the highway because of such heavy traffic. They couldn't reach a hospital in time so they had to do the next best thing. This just re-iterates the fact that even though our travel system is one of the best in the world, it still experiences inefficiency. Our infrastructure is aging and requires maintenance and innovation to keep our growing population able to get where they need to go. This gives my aspiration of Civil Engineering a better sense that this is something we need, and I can be one of the many to bring it. Nobody should have to give birth on a gridlocked frozen highway outside of Atlanta, Georgia. Maybe if the roads were safer or there was an extra lane, she would've gotten the proper care. Needless to say though, the baby and mother are doing great. Here's the article:
http://www.today.com/moms/grace-snow-dad-baby-born-atlanta-roadside-report-theyre-very-2D12024237

No comments:

Post a Comment