Friday, January 17, 2014

Life After...

Our entire high school career all adds up to one moment; the moment where we can finally start living. All four years the end is on our minds and there are basically two feelings about it. There's the feeling of anticipation and excitement for all the people that know just what they want to do and are ready for the freedom of adulthood. Then there's the feeling of despair and fear for all those that either have no idea what they want to do or aren't ready to leave the high school atmosphere.

I see it as a chance to finally start to make your life, yours. You have the  necessary requirement of a high school diploma to start a path to wherever you want; to continue your education, to go straight to work, or to simply find yourself. I see it as a chance to clear the fog of life with action. To go out and discover new things and to achieve understanding with travel or education.

 I'm rather adventurous and excited for the things to come and that often distracts me from the things that are happening in the now. I'm a daydreamer, thinking of all the things I could be or all the things I could see. Growing up hiking, camping, and fishing, I love the outdoors. I enjoy just the simple activity of meandering throughout the mountains and "getting lost" as my dad and I like to call it. I think after my high school career is over, I'm going to spend a lot of my time just going out on my own just to see whatever there is to see. I'm the one that is excited for the future, and I'm going to take full advantage of my free time before a JC.

As much as I'd like to think that I look into my future, I have done little in the actual preparation for the things I need to do. I have all these thoughts of the things I want to do, but the things I need to get done in order to have a rich fulfilling life are stacking up. I only have a broad idea of where I want to go, with little knowledge of my path. I have a general idea of what I would like to do, but I am wrestling with the idea that "If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life." the things I love, aren't exactly the ones that will keep me safe financially. As excited as I am for all the things to come, I am also apprehensive about what I should commit to. I'm not exactly sure of what I want to, which supports my anticipation of a chance to find myself and to discover just what I want to do.

My advice to everyone reading this be them a student or full grown adult, is to not stress about the future. Eventually everyone finds their passion or whatever they were meant to do. Everyone has a purpose which they will find, so don't worry. Live in the here and now, and enjoy everything there is to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment