Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I, Entrepreneur

The expert that I had previously designed the 10 questions for, has no name. I haven't found that one expert that I truly admire and respect. Frankly, I don't really want to have that one amazing idol that makes everyone else look bad. I enjoy diversity. I feel that the entire community of Engineers or Child Psychologists collectively make one sentient being. If i just have that one person, I am only seeing the successes of the things that one person has tried. I want to know the successes of all things tried and put to the test. However, the entire community of either field is filled with entrepreneurs. They are hired because they have a quality that the company needs. Being hired to a firm or starting your own is simple economics; supply and demand. In the real world, an entrepreneur is the supplier, and the public, the demander. Services are exchanged based on need and functionality and the ones that have true value are the ones that stick around. Take Apple for example. It had a very bumpy start and nearly went out of business, why? Because they didn't provide the correct supply of what it was trying to provide. When it finally met the expectations and later surpassed them, it sky rocketed to the computer giant it is today.



I, myself, am an entrepreneur. Although I may not supply a unique product in copious amounts, I am a constant source of knowledge. The views of the world from my perspective. And in this sense, everybody is an entrepreneur. Everyone has opinions and thoughts about the world around us, it is just a matter of tapping that source for all that it has, for collaboration. When you collaborate, that is an exchange of goods in itself. Both people come out of it with a greater understanding and benefit from that exchange.

In American culture, we champion raw talent and passion as the keys to success. If you love what you do, than all the difficulty will all be worth while. When I was growing up, I was told i should be so many different things because I would have a small talent, relevant to a certain career. Most of the time, a person will choose a career path, hobby, or sport because they believe they will be successful. Raw talent creates a passion, a passion for success, and if a person has more special skills than passions, they will still enjoy the fruits of their labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment