Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Connecting the Dots

When I first read the actual requirements for the paper (in class on Friday) I was so surprised at the shear amount he expected us to write in a matter of a few days. I was a little overwhelmed at first but when i thought about it a little bit i was more at ease. I thought about the ways i could tackle the assignment systematically without any day being overwhelming.

I have always had a passion for nature and the helping of people. i had grown up doing a lot of outdoor activities like camping, fishing, back packing, etc. It pains me to see all the developments springing up in the Santa Maria Valley. Sure its great that our community is growing, but it shouldn't be at the expense of something that cant just be re-created. I'm still fairly clueless about exact careers i want to pursue, i just know the general areas. My dad has been trying to help me with telling me about a few different careers. One career that stands out is one in Solar Energy, I'm just not sure of an actual position or job in it. It is a growing field, the demand is growing, and it does pay well. I would get to take my part in lessening our nations dependence on oil and increase our use of pollutant-free unlimited solar power.

        I intend to link this to the topic of discussion by talking about how the people that typically go into technological fields like this are typically one race or another. I'm sure there are cases of racial discrimination in the hiring of technicians and the admission of students to colleges to take the necessary classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment