Sunday, November 3, 2013

What I See Is All In My Head

When I watched the video I played close attention to one ball and followed it as it was passed and I counted 13 passes. Either I overlooked two passes or I didn't notice the other ball being passed by a person in white. I did see the gorilla though at first, but ignored it because it had nothing to do with what I was supposed to do. This relates to the class discussions because things are only what we perceive them to be. When we look at the blue book in class with the lights on, it looked much different when the lights were off. Some argued that it was the same color because how could the actual color change just because the lights were off? It was common sense to believe that it was the same color. If someone only saw it with the lights off, they might say it was Navy Blue. People have different standards for what makes certain things different, and it is all a matter of perception and point of view to see things the way we see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment