Monday, February 10, 2014

Launch Pad

Before my time in Preston's class, I hadn't really given my future much thought, which only is hurting me now as I am entering a strange new world of actual choice and freedom to think those crazy thoughts. I still don't have a definite set plan for what I want to do in the future, but that is a beautiful thing. I have the freedom to dream again, to have a crazy idea, research it, get shot down, and go after it again. During my time here, I have found some sort of direction, and currently I'm torn between two ideas. One supported by passion and one supported by future financial stability, but the best thing is is that I could combine the two. I love to travel and document them with pictures and I also love animals, so I had the idea of being a nature photographer but try to specialize in taking pictures of endangered animals in their natural habitat. The only thing is that to get quality pictures, it takes good equipment which can be expensive and travel fees which are ridiculous so I came to the conclusion that this is a hobby. My other idea was Civil Engineering. It is in demand, pays well, and I can still travel with the Engineers Without Borders program that unites many workers from many nations to help those less fortunate around the world. How can I use tools from this class? Social networking will play a huge part in developing a profile for my photos and for collaborating with engineers abroad. I have been researching these for the past week so I do need to go into them more into depth. These two ideas can be promising when used together, or even by themselves. I would like collaboration with fellow students or anyone with a similar idea.

1 comment:

  1. Great thinking! Yes, you can definitely find ways to merge/pursue both of these studies simultaneously. Looking forward to next steps.

    ReplyDelete