Thursday, April 3, 2014

Look at My Brain

Today in class, Shane Cheverez defined intelligence as the ability to learn and to solve problems using critical thinking, which is exactly how I would have defined. This is a sign of hope to all of the high schoolers in despair feeling they have low intelligence just because they don't get straight A's, but that is a whole-nother conversation.
I digress.
Anyway, how does my work in this class show my creativity, ability to collaborate and think critically? Well coming into this class, I hadn't really put a lot of serious effort into finding what I had wanted for a future career. I just began to listen in on everybody else's conversations on this, and they were in the same boat as I was. All we knew was what we liked to do and a couple of possible general fields, but with no way to really connect our passions to a definite career.

Through trial by fire, the Expository Composition program has helped us to finally find our home. A place to put our passions and talents to work. I had a general idea too, and when I found on that a few other students had the same one, it got me excited for it, and it was exciting to see everybody start to come out of their shells. We collaborated by feeding off of each other's energy. We thought critically by thinking for the future. We problem solved by using a combination of the two. Our inner thinking is best stimulated by sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment