Tuesday, October 1, 2013

To Be or Not To Be

Translation:
Should I change the world and myself, or stay how I am?
I wonder whether it is better to endure the ridiculousness of life or go against the wrongs of life and eliminate them
By going against the things that are wrong, I could finally rest soundly
By killing myself I would end the pains of life that are natural
It would be a completion of life that shows our commitment to final rest
By dying could finally dream of all the things that could be
And that is the problem. Live and settle for how things are, or die for a chance to dream of how things could be
In death we can finally dream as if we were never mortal will give us a chance to think
This is the effect that makes pain and suffering the stuff that makes life seem so long
The people who have been wronged and have experienced pain,seen the ill effects of pride and love and loss, felt the feeling of vengeance, and seen corruption don't know these things in death
Who would endure life with all these pains?
It is the fear of what happens after we do something, that prevents us from doing it
It is over thinking something that prevents us from doing it
When you see where the flow of time and paths turn away you lose a sense of action
All my actions will be remembered
b) The level of understanding that speaks to me most is the second one. Everyday we make choices on our lives and the social norms of them play a huge role. Sometimes we have to go against those to do what we know is right.
c) The path I will take throughout life is the one first paved by social norms and refined by my own values. The general path of it would be one parallel to the things that should be done throughout life, but with my own added choices based solely on what I hold to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment